The Moodulator system was a controller device with synced wireless receiver chips created by Dr. Cyrus Bortel as a way to remotely capture and override a person's emotions when attached to their neck. He sought to sell it to the highest bidder.
During a fight in Bortel's lab, Kim Possible and Shego both ended up with a moodulator attached to their necks. As a result, Ron Stoppable and Dr. Drakken were at the unfortunate receiving end of its effects.
Once a moodulator is attached to a person's neck, their personal emotions and feelings can be controlled by the handheld game-like Control Device, triggering the subject wearing a synced receiver to cycle through a series of emotions. However, if cycled too rapidly between emotional states, it can cause the moodulator to burn out and will result in the subject being stuck in the last state set.
Emotions & Colors
- Happy/Cheerful - Yellow
- Sad - Blue
- Suspicious - Green
- Confused - Purple
- Angry - Red
- Love - Pink
- detaching moodulator - orange
- Dr. Cyrus Bortel (Inventor)
- Kim Possible (Subject)
- Shego (Subject)
- Although of slightly different designs and colors, in the heat of action, Ron confused the Moodulator Controller and Kimmunicator, picking up the wrong one.
- This implies that Wade converted a handheld gaming device for the Kimmunicator.
- That Dr. Bortel tested the system on himself, it is possible his intention for creating it was benign therapeutic purposes. Selling to "the highest bidder" may sound ominous, but it is unclear who he intended to market it to.
- This is Dr. Bortel's second known foray into human personality control, having designed and made Mind Control chips.
Behind the Scenes